Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Sheila from Book Journey hosts this weekly meme; I love to see what everyone's reading!

It's been a few weeks since I participated. No excuses, really.

Here's what I've read since the last time I participated:

1001 Books for Every Mood 5/5

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake 4/5

Still Missing 5/5

I Will Carry You 5/5

Cut in Half 3.5/5

Beneath the Lion's Gaze 4/5

Life, In Spite of Me 3.5/5

The Drowning River 4/5 ~ Christobel Kent

My Grammar and I...Or Should That Be Me? 4/5 ~ Caroline Taggart and J.A. Wines

Awkward Family Photos 4/5 ~ Mike Bender and Doug Chernack

The Longman Guide to Style & Writing on the Internet 5/5 ~ Martha Sammons

Words Fail Me 5/5 ~ Patricia O'Conner

Reading Now:

My Name is Mary Sutter ~ Robin Oliveira (Enjoying this one so far)

Understanding Exposure ~ Bryan Peterson (Great photography book)

Up Next:

All Over the Map ~ Laura Fraser

Zoo Story: Life in the Garden of Captives ~ Thomas French

A Hidden Affair ~ Pam Jenoff

Corduroy Mansions ~ Alexander McCall Smith

I hope I get to them all since they're checked out from the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yee ha! I've got 100 Followers! Thank you everyone. I soooo appreciate my book friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a personal (and sad) note, which I'm writing here because my son reads my personal blog but not my book blog, and I just had to share with someone:

My son, who is 16, was at a party Friday night and the next morning, while on Facebook, he found out that one of the kids at the party had committed suicide at 4:00 that morning. My son wasn't close to him, but the neighborhood is small and everyone knows everyone. The high school's graduating class had 25 or 30 kids, and this boy was one of them. He was a football player and wrestler and the cutest, nicest kid. It's tragic, and I hate that these teenagers are getting their first taste of grief, as did I at the same age. You just want to put them in a bubble, don't you?

Thank you, my book friends, for listening :) I do hope you all have a wonderful week of reading. Be sure to give your loved ones an extra big hug today.

Feel free to comment on my books or my news. Didn't mean to bring everyone down!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails