Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! Time for my favorite meme. Sheila from One Person's Journey Through a World of Books hosts this, so head over there and link up so we can see what you're reading this week.

Finished:













Read 120 pages and couldn't finish:













Currently reading: (but *this* close to putting down)













Reviews:

The Last Child
Tweak
Still need to review This Book is Overdue, which I really enjoyed.

After trying to read Remarkable Creatures and Beautiful Creatures and not liking either one, I've finally figured out that I don't like fantasy. You know why? Because I don't have an imagination. I don't know what happened to it. Or maybe I never had one.

I guess that's why I like memoirs so much.

So next time I announce that I'm reading anything with the name "creature" in the title, whether it's beautiful, remarkable, or whatever, please cyber slap me.

Up next:

Not sure yet. Whatever suits my fancy, comes in from the library hold list, or calls out to me from Borders..."Use your 40% off coupon on me!"

What's going on in your reading world?

8 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Last Child looks wonderful Lynne! I do enjoy some fantasy but not all....

Have a great week :)

Gwen said...

I am giggling at your not liking fantasy comment. I am the same way. That whole genre/style just baffles me and leaves me bored. (& a bit confused)

Glad that you liked This Book is Overdue!

Athira said...

Haha .. You do have a nice imagination if you can write the "fantasy" bit in such a ROFL-ing way! :-)) Me still giggling! Don't worry, one fantasy is all I can take for a long time! Except the Harry Potter books. Which I hope you like. :) Have a good week ahead!

Nise' said...

It took me awhile to be able to read fantasy after many tries. Still is not my 1st choice.

Have a great reading week.

Cat said...

Lynne, I had a similar experience with fantasy and for years said I didn't like it. Recently I discovered I'd simply read the wrong books for me.
May I recommend you try Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier.
Like me you might change your mind.

Have a great reading week!

Jennifer said...

Oh dear, Tracy's novel is a fantasy? I usually like her writing, but I too lack imagination and I very much adore memoirs. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-29.html

Julie said...

I don't like fantasies either, but I think we probably both have an imagination. Just not interested in using it in that way! I don't understand the fascination with that genre. I look forward to your review of This Book is Overdue.

Nishant said...

! I do enjoy some fantasy but not all....
data entry india

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails