Sunday, October 10, 2010

Readathon - End of Event Meme

1.  Which hour was most daunting for you?  I was perfectly fine until Hour 18, and since I didn't feel like I had anything to prove, off to bed I went.

2.  Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  I recommend you read whatever genre you love. 

3.  Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  As a mini-challenge host, I wish I had used Mr. Linky so it would have been easier for people to visit the other participants, especially since everyone was showing off their cute pet pics :)

Also, I wasn't sure what questions to answer for the end of event/wrap up post.  I saw that some people used the questions from last time, so that's what I did.  Maybe more direction as to what we're to do in this regard.

4.  What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  Everything. The cheerleaders make a huge difference.  Just when you feel you're all alone, up pops a great comment or cheer.  Loved that.   

5.  How many books did you read?  4 total and part of 2 others.

6.  What were the names of the books you read?  Choosing to See; Miracle Dog: How Quentin Survived the Gas Chamber; Hey, Pancakes!; and It Couldn't Be Worse.  Gave up on A Small Furry Prayer and didn't quite finish A Prayer for the Dying.

7.  Which book did you enjoy most?  Choosing to See.  It's by the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman and mostly she talks about the incident when her teenage son was driving into their driveway and accidentally hit and killed his little sister.

8. Which did you enjoy least?  A Small Furry Prayer.  I read 211 pages of it and stopped with 78 pages to go.  I just didn't care anymore and wanted to move on to another book.

9.  If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?  I wasn't a cheerleader, but they sure did a GREAT job! 

10.  How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  This was my first Readathon and I will more than likely participate again.  It's addicting :)  Not sure what role I'll play, but I loved hosting a mini-challenge during this Readathon. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails