Sunday, August 8, 2010

Review: Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11

Author:  Bonnie McEneaney

Genre:  Non-Fiction/Spiritual (2010)

About: The author's husband was killed in the 9/11 attack.  She tells of her own experience with messages and signs she feels her husband sends her as well as premonitions he had just prior to 9/11.  She also tells of the signs and premonitions experienced by other 9/11 families.

Descriptive Words:  Fascinating, spiritual, comfort, connections

Thoughts:  What do you think about spirits and messages sent from loved ones who've passed on?  A bunch of crock?  Read this book and you may change your mind. 
.
I loved it. What kept me from giving it 5 stars was a tad too much talk about coins as a message or sign.  She claims that many loved ones of  9/11 victims felt spouses, siblings, and parents were communicating to them through found coins, as well as the appearance of butterflies and rainbows.  But everyone finds coins. And sees butterflies. And rainbows, too, but admittedly more infrequently than coins and butterflies.  To think that every found penny is a message from heaven made me feel the author was trying too hard to read into things. Hey, I found a piece of lint...must be Aunt Gertrude telling me I need to do laundry.  Other than that the book was fascinating, and the stories of victims' premonitions in the weeks and days before the attack and the detailed phone calls to family members from those trapped in the Twin Towers were so interesting. 

Besides the author trying too hard at times to read into certain "signs,"  this book was excellent. 

Disclaimer:  I've heard stories from friends about premonitions, signs and messages, and have had personal experience, so I admit I do believe in this concept.

Source:  Library

Why I Chose:  I'm fascinated by all things 9/11.

Recommend?  YES, especially if you would be comforted to know loved ones who have passed away may be trying to communicate with you or if you've ever questioned that possibility.

Rating:  4.5 / 5

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails