Thursday, July 1, 2010

There is a Problem With Your Library Record. Please See a Librarian.

After trying to request the book Coop from my library online, this is the message I got...

There is a problem with your library record. Please see a librarian.


Well just slap my wrist, why don't you.

I don't have any overdue books.

I paid extra money to be a gold card member.

I've never written in or spilled coffee on a library book.

I didn't dog-ear any pages.

Certainly it's not because I have too many books on hold...

On Hold:

My Grammar and I-- or Should That be "Me"? : How to Speak and Write it Right / Caroline Taggart, J.A

Learning to See Creatively / Bryan Peterson

This is Where We Live / Janelle Brown

Understanding Exposure : How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera / Bryan Peters

Still Missing / Chevy Stevens

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake / Aimee Bender

My Name is Mary Sutter / Robin Oliveira

All Over the Map / Laura Fraser

Pray for Silence / Linda Castillo

The One that I Want / Allison Winn Scotch

Beachcombers / Nancy Thayer

Bonobo Handshake : A Memoir of Love and Adventure in the Congo / Vanessa Woods

Zoo Story: Life in the Garden of Captives

As Husbands Go / Susan Isaacs

The Drowning River : a Mystery in Florence / Christobel Kent

Hidden Things

Corduroy Mansions / Alexander McCall Smith

Father of the Rain / Lily King

The Shallows : What the Internet is Doing to our Brains / Nicholas Carr

Little Girl Blue : the Life of Karen Carpenter / Randy L. Schmidt ; foreword by Dionne Warwick

Awkward Family Photos / Mike Bender and Doug Chernack

I Will Carry You : the Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy / Angie Smith

Messages : Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11 / Bonnie McEneaney

Career Opportunities in the Sports Industry / Shelly Field (this one is for my son)

Ransomed dreams / Sally John

The following books are checked out:

Girl in Translation / Jean Kwok

The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why they Believe it, and Why it Matters / Charles Colson

Beneath the Lion's Gaze / Maaza Mengiste

The Genius in all of Us / David Shenk

Could that be it? I have too many books on hold?

That I'm going to be bombarded with books should be punishment enough. (What was I thinking?)

Have you ever requested this many books from your library? Does your library have a limit? Have you ever been in "library trouble?"

What about the books? Have you read any of these or are there any you'd like to read?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails