Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review: Life is a Verb

Author: Patti Digh

Genre: Self-help / life (2008)

About: Not your typical self-help book. More like a "life" book and how to enjoy it fully.

Descriptive Words: "What would you be doing today if you only had 37 days to live?"

Thoughts: Wow.

That's it.

Just kidding, but I borrowed this book from the library after seeing it on Molly's blog - My Cozy Book Nook and I wish I had my own copy. Molly loved the book so much that she's focusing on one statement in the book a week. If you're a writer or just enjoy writing, you'll love the Free Write exercises in the book.

The author focuses on six practices: Intensity, (say yes), Inclusion (be generous), Integrity (speak up), Intimacy (love more), Intuition (trust yourself), Intention (slow down). The book is made up of colorful, whimsical pages with random sayings everywhere: Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions ~ The Dalai Lama. Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way ~ Edward de Bono. Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses ~ George Washington Carver.

This is a book not to read but to savor and experience. Lovely, yummy, juicy.

Source: Library

Why I Chose: I saw it on Molly's My Cozy Book Nook blog, and I love books that suggest ways to live life to the fullest.

Recommend? Yes, absolutely.

Rating: 5/5

Other Reviews:

Sarah Morgan
My Cozy Book Nook
Women on Writing - author interview
Patti Digh - Author's blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails