Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Review: "I" The Creation of a Serial Killer

by Jack Olsen
Biography (2002)

My Synopsis

Biography about truck driver Keith Jespersen, a husband and father, who killed eight women in the Pacific Northwest in the late 1980s, early 1990s.

My Thoughts


I had read his daughter's book called Shattered Silence and it was okay, not that interesting. I gave it 3 stars. This book was better, I guess because of the detailed murders. The man was nuts (obviously) and it floored me how easy it was for him to kill the women and get rid of them. He met them mostly at truck stops, invited them for a bite to eat, brought them into his truck cab for sex, and when something they did or said made him mad, he killed them and dumped them. He didn't even bury the bodies, just dragged them to the side of the road a little bit and covered them with some brush. He killed the women by pushing down on their throats with his fist, suffocating them.


It was strange because he had children and had never hurt them or his wife (ex- at the time of the murders), but he did abuse animals. The stories about the animal abuse bothered me as much as the murders.


That's all you need to know. It was pretty gruesome and bizarre, and scary to know that there are people out there like that.


Do I Recommend?


Yes, if you like stories like this. It was well written and interesting.


Source


Library

My Rating

4/5


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails