Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Review: I Barfed on Mrs. Kenley

by Jessica Harper
Young Readers (7-10)
Fiction (2010)

My Synopsis

In this book, the third in the Uh-oh, Cleo series, Cleo is with friends on her way to a party. She ends up in the middle seat of the car and is too embarrassed to mention not only that she tends to get car sick, but also that she ate way too many pancakes for breakfast. So guess what?

Yep, she barfed on Mrs. Kenley.

The author says when she was young she really did barf on Mrs. Kenley so it's kind of a memoir :)

My Thoughts

This was a cute book. My favorite part was after Cleo barfed on Mrs. Kenley. When they got to the pool party, Mrs. Kenley was so sweet and nonchalant about the incident. She cleaned Cleo up, and after making sure she was okay, sent her and the other kids off to the pool, where everyone had a great time.

This would be good for a 7- to 10-year-old who threw up in front of people, say in a classroom or grocery store (like I did when I was 12), and might be embarrassed about it (you know how other kids can tease and be cruel at times.) Or for kids who think the title is funny and possibly entice them to read. Quick, easy read for an independent reader in that age bracket.

Do I Recommend?

Yes.

Source

Library

My Rating

4/5

Author's Page

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Glad you enoyed this one. Will check this one out.

Unknown said...

Nise': I don't know if I'd buy it, but if you see it in the library... it's cute for a kids book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails