Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes

by Diane Chamberlain




I absolutely LOVED this book!!! I had never heard of this author before; I happened to see the book at Target the other day and bought it. I never wanted to put it down once I started reading, and I cannot wait to get her other books.

I was on the phone with my mom and telling her about an amazing book I had just read and she in turn told me about a book she had just read and absolutely loved, and guess what? They were by the same author! She had also been to Target and picked up "The Courage Tree" and said it was equally incredible.

The book is about a 16-year-old girl who gets sucked in by a loser 22-year-old "boyfriend" to commit a crime in order to get his sister out of prison. What she does is beyond horrible, but she pays for it later.

Apparently Diane Chamberlain has written 16 books total. You have to read one of her books. There were so many twists and turns, and every page brought something new to the story line. I was totally and completely enthralled.

So off I go to Target for another.

***** 5 stars without a doubt

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I liked this one too. I don't know if I have any of her other books here, but I do know I have some on my wish list.

Kim said...

I highlighted this book a while back in a Friday Finds post and wrote about how drawn I was to it, but sadly I have not had a chance to read it yet. I think I may need to bump it up to the top of my tbr list!
*smiles*
Kim

Nina said...

The book really sounds good. We don't have Target in Holland, but i'm going to look for it at the american bookstore. :)

Jenners said...

That is so funny that you and your mom both raved about the same author!!!

And there is nothing better than finding an author that has a whole backlog of books to read! Woo hoo!

Alissa said...

Wow, sounds good. I am going to have to hunt down some of her books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails