Monday, November 5, 2012

Another Book Everyone Liked But Me...





Oh why do I torture myself?

Once again I gave in and tried a book that "everyone" was reading. I knew it wasn't my style, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's a #1 Bestseller...I've got to like it, right?

I read 300 pages before finally giving up.

Fifty Shades of Grey was sexy, steamy...and so silly! The entire plot was that of a man seducing a young girl who becomes his sex slave. At least that's the gist I got after 300 pages. Maybe there was more to the story, but I wasn't going to read another 200 pages to find out.

Adding this to the list of books that everyone liked but me:

Fifty Shades of Grey
Eat Pray Love
Poisonwood Bible
Three Cups of Tea
Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter
Room

A few "bandwagon" books I did like were The Help, Kite Runner, Unbroken, The Shack, The Book Thief, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

Oh well. You don't know until you try.

Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails