Thursday, July 29, 2010

100 Things About Me - Part 3

Here we go - Part 3...

67. I got married for the first time at age 42.

68. My mom got carded on my 21st birthday...and I didn't.

69. I read magazines backwards.

70. I have herniated lumbar discs, but if I exercise and stretch I'm able to stay pain-free.

71. I enjoy watching dance, cheerleading and gymnastic competitions on TV.

72. I didn't inherit a talent for playing a musical instrument like my brother, but everyone in my family has rhythm and can dance.

73. I have no interest in politics. Maybe when I'm older?

74. Sunflowers are my favorite flowers.

75. I find cemeteries fascinating and I like reading headstones and imagining what the person's life was like.

76. I want to be cremated and scattered in the ocean where I grew up because I don't want anyone to feel they have to visit my grave site.

77. I despise winter, and fall just reminds me that winter is around the corner. Spring and summer are my favorite seasons.

78. I'm the only one in my family who didn't need braces.

79. I have a "signature" random act of kindness I do, but it's not anonymous. Whenever I am in a grocery store parking lot, I look for people who are loading their cars with groceries and ask them if they'd like me to take their cart back for them. It's such a small thing, but pregnant women and the elderly really appreciate it...especially in the winter time.

80. My grandmother taught me and my siblings a language, much like pig Latin, called Double Dutch. My sister and I used to speak it all the time when we didn't want people to know what we were saying. We still speak it sometimes, but my mom gets mad because she says it's rude. My son is now fluent in it as well.

81. I met my friend Linda in 4th grade and we were only friends through 6th grade, when she moved to Illinois. However, we were together constantly during those few short years, and even though we don't see each other very often we made a lifetime of memories that will keep us bonded forever. You should see our emails to each other... "Remember [such and such]?" For someone who has a terrible memory, we had so much fun together that I remember more details of that stage of my life than any other time.

82. I'm a total introvert. My energy is depleted by being around people and I am re-energized by being alone.

83. I don't mind going to movies alone.

84. I'll go to high school sporting events by myself, even if I don't know anyone playing.

85. I want to live on a farm. And if that isn't possible then I would at least like to stay at a dude ranch for a week.

86. Having a child was the best thing that ever happened to me.

87. I've been known to report a helpful, friendly service or sales person to their manager because I don't think people do this often enough, and everyone likes to feel appreciated. I wrote a letter (I know, me and my letters...LOL) to my labor and delivery nurse's boss after I had Eric to say how wonderful she was. The nurse wrote me a letter back saying how she had been taking a lot of time off for her deaf child's medical care and was not in good standing with her boss. She said the letter was helpful in keeping her job and came at just the right time.

88. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do have are precious to me. I'm a loyal friend...once you're my friend, you're stuck for life!

89. I never, ever get bored. I can always find something to do: read, do crossword puzzles, work out, write, etc.

90. I tend to drive too fast, but I haven't had a speeding ticket in 20 years. I get extremely aggravated by people who drive under the speed limit.

91. I try to treat everyone the same: hotel maids, waitress or taxi driver. A person's job doesn't make them any more or less deserving of dignity, courtesy and respect. My dad is better at this than anyone I know.

92. I have nice writing and printing, but I cannot draw worth beans.

93. I love that I have older stepkids because I can't wait to have grandkids!

94. I love riding roller coasters and would still ride them if not for my neck and back problems. Grrrrr.

95. I have a MAJOR pet peeve and that is when people dress their babies (especially newborns) in sleeveless clothes, with bare legs and no socks, but they themselves have on a sweater and long pants. Hello people! And yes this is the only pet peeve I have where I will say something to the person, but I do it nicely. "Oh, what a cute baby. Poor little thing must be cold, no?"

96. My sister and I have an uncanny tendency to call each other just when the other person was thinking of doing the same or at least thinking about them at that exact moment. It's almost spooky.

97. When Eric was in 4th grade I made up a song that names all the elected US Presidents and how many terms they served. We both still remember it. "Washington, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Jefferson, Madison, Madison, Monroe, Monroe, Adams, Jackson, Jackson, Van Buren, Harrison, Polk, Taylor, Pierce, Buchanan..." I know, so weird, but it's the only way I can remember things.

98. I read the obituaries.

99. I've been to Asia and Europe, and I would love to visit Africa and go on a safari.

100. I love blogging :)

I love reading these "100 Things" posts, so let me know if you do one.  I'd like to get to know everyone better, and I think this is a fun way to do so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails