Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? March 1

This meme is now hosted by Sheila over at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books. I love to see what everyone is reading, so join in the fun.

Last week:

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Review - Great book! A memoir from the author who wrote Blue Like Jazz, which I loved. Christian writer; not preachy; philosophical, witty and meaningful. Relates life to a story where God is the author and we are the characters. Book lovers will enjoy this.

Inside of a Dog - Another good book; everything you ever wanted to know about how dogs think, behave, see, hear, feel, smell, you name it. Very technical and scientific, but I couldn't put it down. I'll never look at my dogs the same again.

The Bookaholics' Guide to Book Blogs - So-so book I got while in Colorado. I didn't open it, just bought it based on the title. Didn't really get anything from it.

Had to return to the library after reading 100 pages:

A Friend of the Family - It didn't grab me and suck me in, and was taking forever for me to read, so I wasn't that disappointed to have to return it. Still I'm curious how the story transpires.

Currently reading:

Expecting Adam - Memoir of a mother and the birth of her Down syndrome son.

Plan to read next:

Beautiful Creatures
Saving Gracie: How One Dog Escaped the Shadowy World of American Puppy Mills
I requested these from the library and should be available for me this week.

I hope to get more books read now that the Olympics are over.

What about everyone else? Whatchya reading?

11 comments:

CMash said...

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years sounds interesting. Did you read the "Left Behind Series'? Thats my all time fave.
CMashLovesToRead

Julie said...

I agree that A Million Miles sounds very interesting. Enjoy your reading this week!

Lydia said...

Looks like you had an interesting week (and I love your header!!)

Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/03/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-10/

Nise' said...

Going to have to check out the animal books as I just joined and animal reading challenge. Have a great reading week.

Staci said...

Loved Beautiful Creatures...hope you enjoy it!!

have a great week of reading!

Jennifer said...

You had a brilliant week. I do not know if I could handle learning about puppy mills, I look forward to what you think of the book. Have a great week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1-march.html

Katrina said...

I am working on Beautiful Creatures this week too. Have a great week.

Cat said...

You have a great variety of books. Beautiful Creatures is popping up everywhere this week - hope you enjoy it.

Happy reading!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I read The A Million Miles In A Thousand Years and really liked it. I could not do the puppy mills reading.... would break my heart!

Unknown said...

Hey everyone, thanks for commenting! I was gone all day yesterday so am just now getting to everyone's posts with their meme.

P.S. I'm getting scared about reading the puppy mill one now. Not sure I can go there. What was I thinking?!

Bobbie said...

It sounds like you have a great reading week. The Puppy Mill one would be really hard for me to read. I love animals and those kind of books are hard:(
Please come check out my monday:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails